Roof rats are agile little creatures, with the ability to grow up to 18 inches long, inclding their tails. They can also enter your property and spread diseases quickly if you aren’t careful. So what can you do to keep your property safe, control a roof rat problem, or prevent one in the first place? Here are 5 tips to enact now before breeding season hits a high:
- Food & Citrus: Remove all fallen food items (nuts, fruits, veggies) that have fallen to the ground. Think about gleaning your trees sooner rather than later.
- Grocery Bins: This is a big lure for roof rats where they can get food with little effort. Take a little effort of your own and keep your bins closed!
- Pet Waste: Have pets? Clean up after them to make sure there is no waste left out in your yard that rats might take a liking to.
- Trees: Cut back your trees if you think you may start having a problem. They can hide there and live until they need to come out for food.
- Pest Control: Seriously have a problem? Don’t try to fend for yourself. Call your local pest control to take care of the problem.
Interested in learning more about roof rats in Phoenix and surrounding areas? Read the resources below…
Citrus loving roof rats call The Groves home
Pick your citrus now to discourage roof rats