As sales managers, our job is to motivate and push our agents to help them reach their goals. Done the right way, it is very easy to create a cadence of high performance by setting the bar higher. When you create an environment of high energy and accountability, you can easily inspire success among your agents.
Here are some ways to effectively create more listing and sales production during the next quarter:
- Clearly communicate team goals and discuss them every week at your sales meetings. Include your team on the sales meeting agenda and post your goals on sales boards.
- Talk to your agents weekly to find out what they are working on. Ask them how many listing units and sales units they have coming in for that month. After the third time you check in with them, they will begin to grow accustomed to reporting their goals, progress and success to you.
- Share successes and upcoming lister and buyer needs at every single sales meeting. Ask them how many people are currently in negotiations. Not only will this build confidence, but also it will get agents engaging with each other and working together as a team.
- Re-issue and re-excite agents about their existing database of leads. Some of your agents have hundreds, maybe even thousands, of leads sitting in their database they could be prospecting. Remind them that there may be a goldmine of leads that they already have. Encourage them to send out two emails a month offering their services to these leads. This will result in new business.
- Conduct a call event in the office and invite agents to attend to acquire new business. They should bring in lists of past clients and current clients. Motivate them to call expireds, get in contact with their sphere, and follow up with open house leads. Track the number of new sales and appointments from this event and share at your next sales meeting. Success is contagious, so more people will attend your next call event after seeing the success that was generated at the first one.
It is important to be a sales manager that is proactive and drives activity in the office. Your agents will appreciate the push that will help them reach their goals, and you will reap the benefits of an additional 20 percent in listings and sales!
For more information about my leadership performance program, or for my top 10 tips for driving more business, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Sherri Johnson is a national leader offering world-class real estate keynotes, consulting and coaching while delivering accelerated results. She brings with her 20 years of experience as a top agent and executive of a Top 3 National brokerage. She has recruited, trained and coached thousands of agents, and was responsible for leading over 700 real estate agents and over $ 1.6 billion in annual sales volume. Johnson’s relevant, real-life and proven strategies, coupled with her high energy, produce immediate results and can triple your income regardless of your current production. Johnson is a national speaker for Homes.com for Secrets of Top Selling Agents tour. Contact email@example.com or 844-989-2600 (toll-free) or visit www.sherrijohnson.com.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmark RISMedia.com.
The post Ask the Coach: Raising the Bar and Driving More Listings and Sales appeared first on RISMedia.