Get your 2018 blog and social media content organized for February with these tips.
Content is king at driving visitors to your site and social accounts; however, coming up with content ideas can be a challenge altogether for real estate pros. Instead of spending hours trying to come up topics, be on the lookout for holidays each month that you can expand upon. Find February’s topics below to get started!
February Holidays and Occasions
Topics centered around holidays and national social events are easy and a great way to generate a lot of interest in the days and weeks surrounding them. February is National Black History Month and American Heart Month—consider including these important observances in your blog and social media. Here are some other things happening in February and ideas on how to create content around them.
Super Bowl – February 4
- Tailgate recipes
- Branded tailgating guide
- Best area sports bars
Mardi Gras – February 13
- Photos of your office Mardi Gras party
- Mardi Gras festivals near you
- Best local bakeries offering king cakes
Valentine’s Day – February 14
- Most romantic places in town
- Backyard/at-home date ideas
- Host or create a list of local singles events
Random Acts of Kindness Day – February 17
- Raise holiday awareness
- List of easy-to-do acts of kindness
- Ask followers to share their acts of kindness
Don’t forget to create general content that you can rework and reuse in different ways and on different platforms. Some topics your followers may find interesting in February include:
- Local business reviews
- Plays, concerts, etc. near you
- DIY fire pit guide
- Where to find great deals on appliances
- List of area emergency numbers
- Radio station guide listing the area’s channels
- Safe driving reminder
- Easy cold-weather recipe
- Real estate word of the day
- Create or find real estate horoscopes
- List of places you can check your credit for free
- What to look for during a home tour
- Buying vs. renting
- Local market update
- Where to get free boxes for moving
- Homestead exemption reminder and instructions
Having a content strategy is a cost-effective way to generate traffic and leads on your website. Now is the time to start getting in the habit of planning your content early in the month. Start 2018 on the right track with these February topics, and click to download a printable version of these topics here!
Patty McNease is director of Marketing for Homes.com. For more information, please visit connect.homes.com.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmark RISMedia.com.
The post Fresh February Content Ideas for Your Social Channels appeared first on RISMedia.