From April 2016 to March 2017, Canadian buyers purchased $19 billion of residential property in the U.S. As Canadians look to relocate for retirement, education, find their next vacation home, or to expand and invest their money in real estate, Arizona’s market continues to attract growing interest from Canadian buyers. With a warm climate and stable job market, Arizona is a charming state with endless opportunities.
Arizona; a market welcoming Canadian buyers
Research conducted by the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) reports that 17% of Canadian international buyers are choosing Arizona when looking for property in the U.S, making Arizona the second most popular destination for Canadians.
This offers income opportunities for REALTORS® when they diversify and secure international leads from Canada. When Canadians buy a U.S residential property, they often pay all-cash and spend more. For example, for an average home listing in the U.S of $277, 733, Canadians paid an average of $536,852.
Close the gap and collect referrals
Last year alone, over 51% of international transactions in the U.S were not completed due to a buyer unable to find a property. One could only imagine the possible opportunities and income collected if they were working with a REALTOR®. You have the opportunity to tap into Canadian business referrals and use your knowledge and experience to present Arizona to Canadian buyers.
Grow your Canadian network and connect with Canadian REALTORS® by becoming an affiliate of the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA).
Benefits of a becoming a CREA Global Affiliate
The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) is one of Canada’s largest single-industry trade associations, with a membership of more than 124,000 real estate brokers, agents and salespeople with over 90 real estate Boards and Associations across Canada.
What does this mean for you?
You can enhance your business with products and networking opportunities that are offered exclusively to CREA Global Affiliates:
- Get Noticed: Get your information listed in the CREA Global Directory, allowing Canadians REALTORS® to find you; and helping you to locate Canadian REALTORS® for referral opportunities.
- Networking: Exclusive access to networking opportunities online and at industry events such as the CREA Global reception at the NAR’s Annual Expo.
- Referrals: Use a CREA designed template for your next referral agreements with a Canadian REALTOR®.
- Education: Access to the Real Estate Business in Canada Guide for real estate professionals, as well as invitations to online webinars and other professional development opportunities focusing on global real estate.
- Market knowledge: Subscribe to a daily email from CREA on news from Canadian Real Estate, receive a quarterly CREA Global Newsletter, and read reports on consumer trends from REALTOR.ca.
By joining, you will be in a stronger position to grow your Canadian opportunities with the information, tools, and networking that is delivered exclusively through CREA.
P.S – Come See Us in Person at the Arizona REALTOR® Convention
National Association of REALTORS® (2017). 2017 PROFILE OF INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITY IN U.S. RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REAL National. [online] Michigan Ave Chicago, IL: NAR, pp.5-39. Available at: https://www.nar.realtor/research-and-statistics/research-reports.