As a broker, you may hold regular meetings with your team to check in. These meetings give you the opportunity to meet with your agents and share any wisdom and insight you may have to help them in their current transactions. However, over time you may feel as if the meetings are becoming monotonous and may want to find ways to make them more productive and inspiring for your agents, while staying within your allotted time. No problem; we’ve got you covered.
Step 1: Reconnect With Your Team (5-10 minutes)
- Introduce new agents and staff. Has anyone new joined your team since you last met? Introduce them to the rest of your agents. Ask them to share a little about themselves and ask why they chose your company to work for.
- Motivate your team with an inspirational story about someone who has overcome adversity or achieved success in a certain area of life. This sets a positive tone for your meeting and encourages your agents.
- Reinforce your core values. Ask your agents what makes your company unique. Share your insight, as well, and remind them of the value and services you provide.
Step 2: Share Information About the Industry (5-10 minutes)
The real estate industry is always changing. Share any items of national, regional and local interest. Inform your team of new compliance issues, trends and economic indicators, including buyer and seller trends.
- Good news in your market
- Number of listings in your area
- Average days on the market
- Average sales price in your area
- List price vs. sales price ratio
- Last year’s numbers compared to current statistics
Step 3: Reconnect With Goals (5-10 minutes)
Review the previous month’s sales goals against the actual attained numbers. Were the company’s goals reached? Why or why not? Open the floor to discuss innovative ways to reach them or evaluate existing programs.
You can also use this time to break your sales goals down into a per-person average to determine how much production each person needs for the next 90 days. This is also a good time to have a discussion about what is working in the marketplace and encourage your agents to share their successes.
Step 4: Acknowledge Your Team (5 minutes)
Everyone loves to feel appreciated. Take a few minutes to acknowledge and appreciate your agents and staff for the goals they’ve achieved in business and in their personal lives. Give awards, read a client testimonial aloud and let your agents know when they’re doing something right.
Step 5: Training (15 minutes)
Training is a critical part of developing top-producing agents. It allows them to keep their skills sharp so they can serve their clients better. Use this time to go through and practice dialogs for calling new and current clients, tips to help them sort their databases and strategies for handling difficult clients or situations. This is an opportunity to share your expertise and encourage your agents to share with one another.
Step 6: Announcements (5 minutes)
This is the time to discuss general company housekeeping and announce upcoming classes and events.
Step 7: Conclude Meeting (5 minutes)
Conclude the meeting on a positive note by telling the office how much you appreciate them. Let your agents know that you and your staff are there to serve them if they need anything. And, don’t forget to remind them to refer other great agents to you to help you expand your team.
With these 7 steps, you’re ready to rock the regular office meeting. We created a downloadable resource that you can print and hang as a reminder—you’ll be a meeting master in no time.
For more information, please visit www.buffiniandcompany.com.
For the latest real estate news and trends, bookmark RISMedia.com.