The REALTORS® of Arizona Political Action Committee (RAPAC) is a vital part of the Phoenix Association of REALTORS®Government Affairs program — a program that includes professional lobbying, and long-term political relationships. RAPAC strives to educate city council members, legislators and members of congress about our industry and guarantees that no decision is made that will affect our industry, good or bad, until our voice is heard. The money contributed through RAPAC is used to provide support for governmental leaders campaigning for election who are favorable to real estate issues.
What has RAPAC done for you lately at the state and local level?
- It was the voice of the Arizona Association of REALTORS® (AAR) that protected Anti-Deficiency Statutes, Mortgage Interest Deduction Statutes and Line Extension Policies.
- AAR fought additional HOA charges and fees, established a single consolidated tax return for REALTOR® property managers, EXEMPTED licensed real estate agents from driving restrictions on their fingerprint clearance cards
- The Phoenix Association of REALTORS® lobbied on behalf of our members against onerous drone legislation that would have prohibited using UAS’s to market properties for sale in the cities of Phoenix and Paradise Valley.
- Our members engaged ADEQ and defeated harmful changes to the Notice of Transfer Program and also educated legislators on the Supreme Court Case protecting rights to place signage.
- AAR helped defeat the UniSource Energy Services demand charge for residential customers.
Consider your contribution to RAPAC as an annual political insurance premium. You are making the most affordable investment possible to ensure the election of candidates who will vote the way you would, and you’ll be protecting your interests and profession.
The fair-share cost for REALTORS® doing business in Arizona is $30 – a minimal commitment for the entire year that’s only 57 cents a week!