2. We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, and fulfill your requests. If you register for the Members Only portion of the Site, we also use this information to maintain our membership records.
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, email address, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our servers automatically recognize each time you visit one of our Sites or communicate with us by email (for example, your IP address, your domain name, your email address, how long you visit our Site and what pages you visit).
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
- Website analytics regarding the usage and access to our Site.
- Cookies that recognize you when you return to your Site.
3. Either PAR, or third parties at our request, use this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our Sites and other communications tools,
- Notify you of updates to our Sites.
- Notify you of PAR products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming PAR events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our Sites using third party website analytics tools.
- Send bills and election information for PAR members.
- Communicate with you as you request.
4. Cookies. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies may enable us to facilitate access to different aspects of the Site. By showing when and how individuals visit the Site, cookies may help us to see which pages of the Site are popular and which are not. Cookies can also help us to improve your enjoyment of the Site, for example, by remembering your address or other personal information when you request information or services on the Site. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable this function so that your browser will not accept cookies. Please be aware that disabling this function may impact your use and enjoyment of the Site.
5. Electronic Communications. PAR reserves the right, but not the obligation, to send electronic mail to any and all users of the Site for the purpose of informing them of changes or additions to the Site or any related services or products. Your registration on the Site constitutes your consent to receive such electronic mail unless it is subject to any right you may have to opt-out of receiving said messages and you have opted out as provided for below.
6. Opt-Out Policy. PAR does not sell or trade email addresses. PAR may use your email address to directly send you information related to the Site. We may also provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by PAR together with other communications to which you have subscribed. PAR utilizes a strict opt-out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may adjust your Communication Preferences by logging in to your PAR account and change your preferences. You may also opt-out of receiving such marketing messages by following the directions in the message. All billings and elections for PAR are done electronically via your email address. You may not opt-out of receiving billing and electronic information. It is a condition of membership for you to maintain a valid email address with PAR.
7. Membership Directory. Forms of contact information other than email address (e.g. street address) may be listed in the membership directories available on the Site. PAR will not sell or otherwise provide this contact information outside such Membership Directory without your consent except for the following purposes:
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our Sites are sponsored by third parties. We may share your information with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. However, if information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
8. Third Party Vendors. PAR uses third party vendors and suppliers to make the Site and its services available to you. PAR shares your information with such vendors and suppliers to the extent necessary to provide such services. All credit card processing from this Site is done through outside vendors. PAR does not collect or store credit card information in connection with the any online monetary transactions and assumes no liability regarding the same.
9. PAR maintains commercially reasonable security procedures and standards, to help protect your information from unauthorized use. PAR tests these procedures and modifies them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
10. You may edit your personal contact information directly in the NAR NRDS system or by completing a PAR change form (see “PAR Forms” – member change form).
12. Advertise with Us. If you would like to discuss advertising on the Site please contact DScherer@paronline.com.